Summer Camp At Monarch Stables
Monarch Stables is pleased to welcome children of all riding levels to our Summer Riding Camp.
What is more fun for a child than spending their summer caring for, and riding horses?! Our campers will enjoy engaging outdoor activities in the company of our experienced lesson horses and ponies and qualified adult camp leaders and counselors.
All campers will receive daily riding and horsemanship instruction. They will be assigned a horse or pony for the week, and learn to take care of it every day. They will learn how to work with and handle horses, and the responsibility and dedication that comes with true horsemanship.
No prior riding experience is necessary. Girls and boys ages 6-14 years old are welcome. Children are taught in groups based on their riding skill level, and all riders receive individual instruction to improve their riding.
Our day camp runs weekly in June. In addition to a daily riding lesson, campers will also get to explore the farm on nature walks, splash time and fishing at the creek, crafts, and games.
Shuttle service is available from Westlake for an additional cost.
contact us if you would like to be notified when Summer Camp 2020 registration is available
Happy Campers, Happy Parents
- This is my daughters’ first summer at Monarch Stables. Last year we tried a different horseback riding camp in westlake for a week and it was the highlight of her summer. Then we heard about Monarch from her friend at school and are so glad that we came here! It’s really beautiful! All the horses and ponies are gorgeous! The staff and camp counselors are super friendly. The kids are all happy to be there.
- Tamara R
- My 6 year old son had an awesome week of horse camp at Monarch Stables this summer!! He learned so much, had a blast and communed with nature. The counsellors were organized and very capable. My guy was fearful and hesitant at first, and they knew just how to handle it. They eased him in and he became more courageous every day. I highly recommend this experience for any kiddo!!
- My 11 year old daughter had an amazing week of summer camp. The location is stunning, the lessons were so valuable, and most importantly, every person we met and worked with was kind, friendly, fun, and knowledgable. I can’t wait to get her signed up for lessons - we’ve tried a few stables in Austin, and we both feel like we’ve finally found our home.
- Jodi E
- Our 8 year old daughter has had an amazing time learning about horses and how to ride them this week at camp. Will definitely try next year or maybe pick up some private lessons. Thank you to the amazing staff and beautiful horses!
- Roxanne T
- This was our daughter’s first experience anywhere near a real horse. Everyone was so kind and patient with her. She had a blast and very much wants to return.
- Michelle M