Monarch stables is pleased to welcome children of all riding levels to our Summer Riding Camp in June 2018. What is more fun for a child than spending their Summer caring for and riding horses?! Our campers will enjoy engaging outdoor activities in the company of our experienced lesson horses and ponies and qualified adult camp leaders and counselors.
All campers will receive daily riding and horsemanship instruction. They will be assigned a horse for the week and take care of that horse every day. They will learn how to work with and handle horses, and the responsibility and dedication that comes with true horsemanship.
No prior riding experience is necessary. Girls and boys ages 6-14 years old are welcome. Children will be taught in groups based on their riding skill level, and all riders will receive individual instruction to improve their riding.
Shuttle service is available from Westlake for $75/week.
The day camp runs weekly in June 9 AM-4 PM Monday-Friday. The weekly fee includes daily riding lesson, crafts, nature walks, creek play and games.
What to bring and wear:
- » Long fitted pants or breeches
- » Boots with low heels
- » Swimsuit and towel for water games
- » Sack lunch and two snacks. Refillable water bottle.
- » We have helmets for riders to borrow and are happy advise you on some good and affordable options for riding wear
- » Campers/Parents/Guardians will be required to complete a release waiver prior to attending camp.